Weight driven DC motor design help (energy storage)?

Hi I need help figuring out how to connect a falling weight to my various DC motors and PMA's to charge a battery (with charge controller) I plan on using the excess solar/wind to drive the weight up when it's available, then release the weight to drive a motor and charge my batteries as a backup for when... show more Hi I need help figuring out how to connect a falling weight to my various DC motors and PMA's to charge a battery (with charge controller) I plan on using the excess solar/wind to drive the weight up when it's available, then release the weight to drive a motor and charge my batteries as a backup for when it's cloudy and there's little sun for my solar array system.

Most of my motors are geared and have a toothed gear that connects to them how do I arrange things to spin the rotor with a falling weight through the use of a chain sprocket, do I need some sort of pulley system how do I set this up and mount everything?