Lucy asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 6 months ago

I am thinking of adopting a child and I need opinions on what gender?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'd say if your a man adopt a boy and if your a woman adopt a little girl. Im a single mother and I have a boy and a girl. Its easier to teach my daughter the ways of a woman but I find myself at times struggling to teach my son. It may be too simple of an answer but I feel like its nice to have a child of your same gender. They become best friend its nice to be able to paint your toe nails with your baby girl or play catch with your boy. Best of luck 😊

• aloha.girl59
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Little girls sometimes like to play catch and little boys sometimes like to have their nails painted. This is the dumbest answer I've ever seen in this category.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

LGBTQ. So little time. So many choices.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Both domestically and abroad, there is a strong preference for girls, probably due to the perception that girls are "easier." Even with international adoptions from countries like China or India where there is a strong cultural preference for sons, orphanages are still overrun by boys because the demand for girls into adoption is so high. There's a perception among foreigners that those orphanages are full to the brim with girls due to parents abandoning daughters at birth -- but nope. Even with international adoption, if you want a healthy baby or toddler girl, you'll probably be waiting longer than parents who want (or are willing to take) a boy.

Basically, if you want the costliest, slowest adoption with a high risk of failure due to birth mother changing her mind, set your sights on a healthy Caucasian newborn girl. You'll be paying $25,000-35,000 AT LEAST and likely be waiting for years. If you want a the quickest adoption at low or no cost, then adopt an older black boy, a child with special needs, or a sibling set from foster care.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If gender matters to you then your not ready to be a parent.

• John P
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I agree - gender should not be your first thought.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

By the way, you don't adopt an object

• 6 months ago

It literally doesn't matter, lol

• 6 months ago

Boys are easier to maintain (Don't have to worry about make up and all the other girly things)

• 6 months ago

You should go for either a boy or a girl. Stay away from dinosaurs and marsupials.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.