promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Hello all christians. Why is psalm 21:2 on King james version and Douay Rheims bible not the same?

Douay Rheims: O GOD, my God, look upon me: why hast thou forsaken me? from my salvation are the words of my sins.

King James: Thou hast given him his hearts desire; and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah

the verse in Douay Rheims sounds beautiful and prophetic.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

By reciting the rosary each day with care, a person can better know the true meanings of Bible verses.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

It is Psalm 22:1 in the A.V. that reads, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?"

Psalm 21:2 in the A.V. reads, "Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hath not withholden the request of his lips. Selah"

You have a case of numeric dyslexia here - that's the reason you think the two Bible versions are "not the same". I would note that the Douay Rheims is less helpful with 21:2, however - "from my salvation are the words of my sins" just makes no sense whatever. The AV of 21:2 is much clearer and more accurate.

By the way, it's the prophetic significance of 22:1 that needs to be flagged up, as Jesus quoted those words of anguish while dying on the cross. If you understand why He knew God had forsaken Him at the point where all the sin of the world was heaped on Him, and how His oneness with the Father was restored before He died, then you should understand the gospel of God's saving grace.

• 8 months ago

Because the Catholic Bibles are not the inspired Word of God.

• 8 months ago

Dr Seuss writes better stuff.

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.