Am I not getting hired at this job?

A potential employer called me and asked a couple questions then said he would call or text me back to schedule an interview. He said he had to ask his secretary or something when a good time was. Anyways that was around noon and now it's 10:30 pm. Would they tell you they didn't want to hire you or would... show more A potential employer called me and asked a couple questions then said he would call or text me back to schedule an interview. He said he had to ask his secretary or something when a good time was. Anyways that was around noon and now it's 10:30 pm. Would they tell you they didn't want to hire you or would they avoid it by saying they'll call you back and then not call you back?

I don't think I said anything that would have scared them off during the phone call. I talked about my past work and other things which were all on my resume and cover letter.