ibemiazee asked in PetsCats · 1 year ago

Does my cat have cancer?

Out of nowhere my 12 y/o cat started acting lethargic. We’ve taken him to the vet twice since we noticed. His blood tests were normal, no fever, no diabetes. Nothing wrong with his organs. Then he got an ultrasound and the vet said he has a mass in his abdomen but they’re not sure if it’s cancerous, and he possibly has an abscess from this mass. We’re keeping him in our bathroom with a litter box, bed, food, and water so we can monitor him better. He doesn’t hiss at us or act mean to us in any way, and sometimes he moves which way he’s facing or moves from his bed to a blanket on the floor. He won’t eat but he drinks sometimes, and has peed in the litter box a few times- but no poop. Sometimes he meows and purrs, but kind of stumbles when he walks. How much will this amoxicillin actually help him?? Is he even going to survive this? It breaks my heart seeing my brother like this because he’s this cat’s favorite :( He was acting normal just like 4 days ago!

• Maxi
    1 year ago

Amoxicillin is an antibiotic to treat bacterial infections and you will need to speak with your vet about what to do next as the vet is the only one who can advise you

• J C
    1 year ago

Amoxicillin will help with the infection but will not treat the mass. The real solution is surgery to either biopsy the mass, or to remove (and then biopsy it). There is no magical cure other than that. Time for a heart-to-heart talk with the vet.

• 1 year ago

amoxicillin will not help with cancer of course. and whether your cat has cancer it is for A VET TO ANSWER. u paid money u should get all the answers. amoxicillin will help with abscess

• 1 year ago

Give the antibiotics time to work.

If they don't help then you need to be considering euthanasia as the kindest option.