Is there a minimum age to drive a U-Haul truck or do you just need a drivers license?

I will be moving from Jacksonville, NC to Fort Worth, TX with my mom and 15 year old sister Jenny. Mom will be picking-up a 20 foot U-Haul on Saturday and after we get it loaded this weekend, the 3 of us will spend Monday through Wednesday in the U-Haul driving to Fort Worth. I have asked mom if I can help with... show more I will be moving from Jacksonville, NC to Fort Worth, TX with my mom and 15 year old sister Jenny. Mom will be picking-up a 20 foot U-Haul on Saturday and after we get it loaded this weekend, the 3 of us will spend Monday through Wednesday in the U-Haul driving to Fort Worth.

I have asked mom if I can help with driving since the drive will be over 20 hours and she snapped at me that she will be the only one who will drive the truck and then went off about how she thinks I am just trying to find an excuse to get out of sitting in the middle. She also went off about how me and Jenny will be getting in the truck and bucking-up whenever she tells us to if we know what is good for us.

I am wondering if there is a minimum age for someone to drive a U-Haul or if anyone with a driver s license can drive one? I am 18 and go my license last November.

Also… if I am allowed to drive a U-Haul, is it really a lot harder to drive than a pick-up truck? Mom says it would be really hard for me to drive since I have never driven something that big and we will be towing her boyfriends truck behind.

Mom has been really stressed the past several weeks and I think it would be good if I could help with the driving during the trip and give her a chance to rest and relax some rather than her having to drive the whole trip.

I am only wanting to help when I offered to drive and would like to get experience driving the U-Haul on the interstate.