Can an officer of the law force me to file a report against my boyfriend?

The police know for a fact that I'm being abused by my boyfriend. However instead of arresting him themselves they keep telling me to file a report. I'm also a regular at the er and they have stopped believing my excuses for my various injuries. I know my boyfriend is no good but if I try to leave him he'll just kill me. He said as much himself. He keeps telling me I'm his property and can break and throw me out any time he wants.

You are a complete stupid moron... just call the coroners office and give them a picture of you with your name and address on it so they will know who you are when they find you dead out in the desert..

If you actually gave the police a chance you can tell them your fears that if you leave him he'll just kill you and see if they can get you into a safe house hidden from him or something. Reach out to them and give them a chance to save you. Go to the ER first and bring a list of your injuries from the ER for proof so they have some leverage.

Whether they can do that or not depend on what country or what state you live in and what the laws are there since you didn't tell use where you live we can't answer that part.

• Foofa

ER professionals are mandated reporters so eventually the police will just come take this fiend away in handcuffs. But by all means linger around until then giving him every opportunity to kill you. Your family should be doing an intervention and getting you the hell out of there. Even if you have to move away and change your name, you've got to do something. Your level of acceptance on this is staggering.

• Bruce

You can not be forced to file a report.

They can proceed with charges without your consent, though. And the judge can compel you to testify or hold you in contempt.

You are a seriously mentally warped pathological liar. Get mental help and stop telling sick fake stories. Your question history tells a different story from the fables you post on here. STOP LYING, its a mental illness when you have this much attention seeking OCD behavior going on at such a young age. Shame on you for lying about something as serious as domestic violence!!!

Here is a copy of one of your 'true' posts from earlier this year:

Is my big brother going to jail for putting my boyfriend in the hospital?

Edit

He caught me and my boyfriend "together" and beat the living crap outta him. He called the police himself and told them my boyfriend is 30 and I'm 16. However age of consent in Kansas is 16. Is that still stat rape as he claims?

You need to file the report like the police said and at the very same time walk across the street to the courthouse and apply for an emergency restraining order and I'll let the police know that there is a restraining order against the man. And if it's his house don't go back to it there's plenty of battered women's shelters. Get yourself a one pound container of wildfire pepper spray off of eBay. And if he approaches you soak him completely down with it paying special attention to his face you can always buy another can. Don't let him intimidate if you spray me I'll kill you. Use that opportunity to empty the entire 1 pound can on his face and body and then beat him in the kneecaps as hard as you can with the heaviest baseball bat that you can until the police come. Officer he attacked me screaming that he would kill me. There's a restraining order out on him. There's certainly not going to put you in jail!

Nope. And what the police know for a fact they have to actually witness, not just hear your accusations and/or your boyfriend's admission.

TOTALLY UNTRUE

The police can file the report if they observe domestic abuse (and being in the hospital would be all the evidence they need)-You do not even have to testify in court, the reporting officers do that for you (that is the law in every state)

So please do not come here and try to feed us troll sh*it, you just look silly

• Ron

Do not feed the troll!!

That's a matter of regional law. in Illinois it is not required for the abused to press charges. Some other regions it is.

The answer that said sometimes you got to make your own rescue, they are telling you the truth