Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareLaptops & Notebooks · 11 months ago

Are there any public Wi-Fi you can use with laptop while inside your car?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

It depends on whether it is a trap or not, but most people's wifi. I remember using my bro's wifi about a decade ago and wandering who this person was that parked on the street outside the house. I then played with the router cable, and watched him seem distressed through the window. Then I walked outside and knocked on his window.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

Use a dongle for wifi

• 11 months ago

Yes use your phones hotspot

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Most motels and hotels and campuses that offer free Wi-Fi are powerful enough to park in the parking lot and use your laptop. If they have a free connection

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Dave
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

It depends on what you mean. If you mean when the car is moving, no. Wifi is a static location in most instances.

If you mean when you are parked, well, the answer is a bit more complicated. It then depends on the state you live in, as it can be a misdemeanor offense in some states for using a businesses free wifi unless you are a patron there as well. In other states, it's actually a felony. So check your local laws first before stealing someones wifi access.

• 11 months ago

Mobile Wi-Fi systems in cars consist of a local Wi-Fi network and (usually) wireless Internet connectivity. A car Wi-Fi network supports mobile personal devices like phones and portable computers.

Source(s): Google.
  • 11 months ago

If you're within range of a network, yes. However, if you're too far away from the network, your signal maybe weak and/or slow.

• 11 months ago

Starbucks

McDonald’s

Best Buy

Target

Walmart

Home Depot

Bed bath and beyond

Apple store

Most big stores have free WiFi in one form or another.

• 11 months ago
  • 11 months ago

Don,t use your labptop while your'r driving.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.