odd
Lv 7
odd asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 11 months ago

Politcally speaking, what should it mean to people when the current big social evil is "white nationalism" and not plain old "racism"?

Is it safe to say that "racism" isn't just a "white thing" nowadays?

Update:

"S" you blocking bag of crap back at ya. Die beotch.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

once again, we see that...like many supposed debates over "fairness"... the true agenda isn't achieving "equality" but instead just a petty struggle over who gets to dictate what "equal" means...

• odd
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Agree.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

white nationalism is the same as nazism

• ?
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

They've done studies that show infants trend towards racism from birth, which is to say those not like them are treated with suspicion and cause elevated discomfort.

The take-away that they got from that article was the idea that education should start earlier, but my take-away was actually pretty different. I think racism, as long as it doesn't negatively affect someone's life and ambitions directly, should not have this cultural stigma. We're all ignorant to some degree and there's not enough time in the universe for us to get it right.

If a black candidate for a job has equal qualifications to a white person, or better, that candidate should at least be in consideration. That's pretty much it. What exists in my mind, as the recruiter, should not be a shameful thing if I have every intention of hiring in an honorable manner.

Even if you are to say that some group deserves to be treated better because of how they were treated in the past, that idea is racist. It imparts the value that race should be a determining factor in fairness.

Black and white and brown are all guilty.

• 11 months ago

It's a democrat thing. They all campaign on it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Sure, racism is not just a white thing.

But mass shootings and bombings BY racists certainly seem to be a white thing these days.

• ...Show all comments
    • skeptik
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

You know about a lot of mass shootings and bombings by racists that DIDN'T make the national news?

Do tell.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

"white nationalism" takes "racism" to a whole new level.

"white nationalism" is organizing individual racists into a group mentality.

"white nationalism" seeks to make racism mainstream and it is done so, in order to pursue a political goals.

"white nationalism" never ends well.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Most racism is white people who are racist against non-whites. In the USA, Probably 100% of the most problematic racism that keeps people down and creates a culture of fear and intimidation in the victims is perpetrated by whites. I can't think of any example of racism against whites that keeps people down or creates a culture of fear and intimidation.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 4
      11 months agoReport

Being afraid of being mugged doesn't mean you're the victim of racism.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

The reason is that while white nationalists usually ARE racist, they also have other things on their agenda. So, the word "racism" alone doesn't cover all the issues.

• odd
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Thank God white racism isn't a problem anymore, then. Right?

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

There are actually people out there brainwashed enough to think that only whites can be racist.

• Lv 4
      11 months agoReport

There are actually people out there brainwashed enough to think that Whites suffer from racism in the USA.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Racism is mostly white (and I'm white), but there's racism everywhere... just an example, the Chinese don't tolerate the Japanese... blacks the whites, Natives Americans the Asians and so on

• ...Show all comments
    • odd
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

DT is against illegal immigrantion as is every LEGAL ethnic/ minority immigrant I ever talked with about it. An inconvenient truth why don't the talking heads ask THEIR opinion about the matter.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.