Nonya asked in Beauty & StyleMakeup · 8 months ago

Besides being insecure, is there another reason why majority of women wear makeup?

Seems like 99% of women just can't go anywhere without makeup on. I've even seen women with makeup on at pool parties or have known women that I've worked with at THREE IN THE MORNING and they still had to put on 20minutes of makeup

Because we want to. Why is this even a question?

it makes our faces stand out more

Because society wants them to. Why do guys go to the gym?

They are simply insecure . Why would you contour and wear a mask everyday and cake lol . They don’t like their face much if they have to contour everything to make their bone structure appear different, they are insecure because they don’t naturally have it like that .

It enhances and makes me look better ...and yes, I would probably feel a bit self conscious without any on. I limit mine to a touch of foundation, "natural" blush, sheer lip gloss, and powder eyebrow filler. I don't care for the drawn on and contoured look that seems to be raging right now.

There are many reasons women wear makeup.. some culture prefers women wearing bright lipsticks and eyeliner . In india married women are forced to wear red's .other reasons..might be due to insecurity or an hobby

Some women like myself actually enjoy applying the make up. It can be therapeutic and is an art form, your face is the canvas. Make up can be washed off, its not a big deal. It can also help the overal look a woman is trying to achieve for a certain event. It can help to look polished and professional. Most women dont wear it because they are insecure though.

probably to look good in the professional environment... I don't wear makeup at all in real life...only if it is for a big event or professional/corporate reasons... I work in a lab for so many years that I'm accustomed to it...

• Nancy

Yes. Cultural norms.

It's to compete with other women (some guys might like it but most guys don't care at all).

It's kind of like guys with body building. Some women are turned on by that but mostly it is guys competing with other guys. Same kind of thing.