Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 6 months ago

How does this business idea sound? (Attention landlords)?

I have an idea of starting a business of finding tenants for landlords and doing their leg work for them. Such as interviewing tenants, running their credit, doing background checks and showing the property. To all landlords... would you hire someone to do this for you? If so how much do you think is a reasonable amount to charge.. I just want to hear opinions to open my eyes something I’m not thinking about or if you think of this would be very helpful to landlords. Thanks

Favorite Answer

there are already many people that do that.....in my area, the tenant typically pays a broker fee for a realtor....how much a property manager charges varies based on number of units, responsibilities.

So.... Basically you want to run a property manager company...

Go fo it... Best of luck...

• Tavy

thousands of them in the UK they are called either letting Agents or property managers.

you need to get out a bit.

• Judy

Uh, this is not a new idea, it already exists. Is called a property manager. They also collect rent and handle maintenance.

How does this business idea sound? I'd like to bake bread, then slice it and put it in a bag. I'm sure this would be very useful to people who want to make sandwiches or toast.

That business already exists :

Brokers and property managers .

This is called a property manager...a super common business. In many states, you just need a real estate agent license and you can setup shop.

In addition to the basic up-front tenant stuff, they also handle payments and maintenance.

Those already exist. Property management companies that do that and handle maintenance and other tenant requests charge up to about 10% of the gross rent. you won't get close to that for what you want to concentrate on,

They don't need you.

That business already exists.