Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsMartial Arts · 6 months ago

My sister (12) knows karate and can overpower (male,13) me?

My sister and I had started karate together at the age of 7. Yet, I decided to quit some months later because I thought it was boring and useless while ahe continued. Yet, lately when we fight she has started being much faster than me. More than once I tried my best, but she provedshe has full control over me. What should I do? I am quite ashamed to be constantly weaker than a girl!

Just hit puberty in a year or 2

Train wrestling or jiu-jitsu. Karate is striking art and Wrestling or jiu-jitsu are grappling and grappling is always superior so just 1 year of grappling art and you'll overthrow any karate fight who's been training for even 3 years and don't waste time on Karate, it's useless traditional martial art. One dude in my school trained karate for 5 years while I been wrestling for 2 years and I whooped his butt

so 'baby sister' continued training for about 4 years and now she is beating some sense into you while beating out the Cr@p? You will need 2 years of doubled class sessions to make up for her knowledge on basics, form developed into speed now. Only possible advantage you might get is upper body strength when testosterone level rises- And would be helpful to know what Ryu or school of Karate she has studied. Tae Kwon Do means she'll be kicking your *** awhile longer-- but you MIGHT be able to do some Judo work after a year intensive training, get her down on mat. IF she has been training with Chinese -Okinawan sensei's - you'll need 2 years just to survive when she gets PMS. Shorei Ryu had a 15 year old female that used to like to be tackling dummy for bully defense- lot of newer students order by court to demonstrate ,over 18, signed release-- and ended up in ER with cracked ribs and groin ruptures. .Is your sister getting the women's anti rape training now? Then make sure you're wearing fighting cup when playing with her. Protective vest, goggles would be good idea- old Kung Fu school used to teach full Crane drill for females- eye strikes , rib kicks and no hold backs outside of Dojo.

That's awesome. Honestly, I would just resume karate if you're looking to gain skill. That'd be fun for you two to be able to train together.

You should have not stopped taking lessons. Maybe go back and take more. Judo may be more what you like, as it is throws and holds, mostly. Or ju-jitsu is best for you, as it also has some strikes, and such. I've studied these 3, and a few more, more deadly ones in the service when I was in, years ago.

hit puberty. that helps. you will get a deeper voice and a more developed body, your sister will get periods. that should even out the playing field

You need to increase your physical fitness, Do some weights, brute strength can beat speed, if you are strong enough you can take someone down in one punch doesn't matter how fast they are.