Danielle asked in HealthWomen's Health · 11 months ago

I am 40 weeks pregnant plus 3 days overdue, how to get the hospital?

For the last 2 days I have been losing my plug and this evening I believe I have just lost my bloody show. I’m having little contractions but my membranes haven’t gone. When it’s time to get to the hospital which is quite far away, can I call an ambulance as my partner and I don’t have a car.

• Foofa

An Uber would be MUCH cheaper than an ambulance. There's no point in paying some 5K-10K bill just to get a ride to the hospital unless this is some crazy high risk birth (in which case you'd probably already be in the hospital on bedrest).

You could just get a taxi

• MS

It will cost you a lot of money, and that's not really what ambulance services are for. In this situation, I would find a family member or a friend to take you to the hospital now; get a taxi or Uber if you need to. Explain to the hospital your circumstances, and I imagine they can keep you or find you someplace close to hang out until it's time.

• John

In America an ambulance might cost you $500, yes, with insurance. Take Uber and take something plastic to sit on so you don't mess up the seat.

Yes you can call an ambulance to get you to the hospital when your having a baby.

Call family members or friends for a ride....or an Uber.

• joe

If you are old enough to get pregnant you are old enough to figure out a way! Someone with the least bit of common sense would have thought about the logistics before their due date. You can always have the baby where you live.

Best wishes

• Danielle11 months agoReport

Well actually Joe, the girl who was meant to be my birthing partner along with my boyfriend has gone on holiday. So it’s not all black and white. So we had a plan and sadly it’s gone wrong. So thank you for your comment, it’s really appreciated - NOT! I wasn’t asking so people like you can judge.