What do you think of cutting your own hair with hair clippers instead of getting haircuts?

I tried that cause it saves me time and money, but didn't like it that much and my hair looks ok but not that great. I'm thinking of returning my clippers (while I can) and getting normal haircuts, but at the same time I think it was only my first attempt and still wasn't that bad, so maybe I will... show more I tried that cause it saves me time and money, but didn't like it that much and my hair looks ok but not that great. I'm thinking of returning my clippers (while I can) and getting normal haircuts, but at the same time I think it was only my first attempt and still wasn't that bad, so maybe I will improve in the future.
Update: I wanted to know if it gets easier, but doesn't seem it does. So I'm just going to quit and get professional haircuts, which because I'm a guy aren't that costly for me anyway.