Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 6 months ago

What do you think of cutting your own hair with hair clippers instead of getting haircuts?

I tried that cause it saves me time and money, but didn't like it that much and my hair looks ok but not that great. I'm thinking of returning my clippers (while I can) and getting normal haircuts, but at the same time I think it was only my first attempt and still wasn't that bad, so maybe I will improve in the future.

I wanted to know if it gets easier, but doesn't seem it does. So I'm just going to quit and get professional haircuts, which because I'm a guy aren't that costly for me anyway.

• Jr
    Favorite Answer

I cut my own hair as well haha. It sounds like a no brainer but it’s actually harder than it seems, especially if you don’t have someone else to help you out. If you’re going to be cutting your own hair though, then I suggest to use 2 mirrors, that way you can see better what you’re doing.

Also you need to make sure that you cut your hair evenly, otherwise it’s gonna be pretty noticeable. Probably the hardest part is when you’re cutting the side part of your hair and it blends into the top of your hair. Just gotta make sure to be extra careful, that’s all.

• Mj

I have been cutting my own hair for about 8 years. Probably saved about 3 thousand dollars...,

I think it's kinda hard to cut the back and all that yourself

Its like way to made in my life lucky with the natural theme

I mean it wouldn't be a good haircut I would say and it wouldn't be easy to cut with those either but you can certainly try it it and let us know how it goes. I'm curious!

I cut my own hair everyday and I do it just fine. Been doing it for 3 years. I can make it HOW I want WHEN I want. Way easier. I'm a dude btw.

• Good for you, not sure what the question is here.

I wouldn't cut my own hair. It's curly and I'm intimidated by the texturizing my hair needs. Also I don't want to give myself a bad hair cut, or end up cutting too much off.

I would rather see a professional and have them cut my hair, it's something I do to treat my self with.

If you think you can handle cutting your own hair then go for it. You might get better with some practice.

• Lôn

Excellent...that's what I do.....add up the money you save in a year...it's more than you think!!

• kelvin

my wife cuts my hair to save money

If you can do it, go for it.