C drive full for no reason?

My C drive keeps getting full for no reason. I don't have anything saved or downloaded to this computer, its all on my 1TB external hard drive. I have tried everything from Disk Cleanup to defrag, deleting any temporary files i can find. I went into file explorer and unhid any hidden files and nothing. The... show more My C drive keeps getting full for no reason. I don't have anything saved or downloaded to this computer, its all on my 1TB external hard drive. I have tried everything from Disk Cleanup to defrag, deleting any temporary files i can find. I went into file explorer and unhid any hidden files and nothing. The weirdest part is every time i do this to tree to free up space it seems to be adding more data to C drive. Example, I had 2.85gb free i went through used disk clean up and defrag, deleted any temporary files and emptied recycling bin and then was only left with 1.35gb free. I have two uncles that work on computers for a living but neither of them are willing to walk me through it over the phone, they want to see the computer in person and they live a state away so that isn't gonna happen anytime soon. Can someone please help me.

If it matters, my computer is a HP Stream 11 Notebook 64 bit.