What firearm would be right for me?

Hi. My name is Marquese, and i’m A 19 year old male who’s looking to buy his first firearm this Saturday, and I can’t decide. Don’t really know a whole lot about guns, but which one would be right for me? I’m looking for something in the 100 price range, and a good defense type weapon for me. Something neat, slick, easy to carry and get to.

Any advice would be helpful in my endeavor to purchasing one this weekend.

You wont get much for one hundred bucks...maybe a single shot shotgun or a beat up 22?

• Jay6 months agoReport

LMFAO

If your price range is that low, under 21 so no handgun, or handgun caliber rifle, and your new to guns, maybe look for a used Ruger 10/22.

• Quinn

You are not going to get anything worth protecting your life for $100 price range. Even a used decent pistol will run over $300 and that would be considered a rare bargain.

You need to start thinking for the long term as in asking this question months ago instead of a few days before a purchase. If $100 is your limit, then you really do not have enough because ammunition and range fees are going to cost more than what you have.

A nice double barrelled chromed Pea Shooter for that budget and your age!

The last thing you need is a gun!

Used it and your next stop is PRISON or DEATH!

Unfortunately you'll need a bigger budget to buy a reliable handgun. $350 can get you a decent enough gun for carry such as Bersa, Canik, Ruger and Taurus.

Step one: get trained. Take the NRA handgun course or any sanctioned licensing course in your state. If you don't know where to start, just ask at your local gun shop. $100 is really not enough to get a quality gun, but you might pick up a decent small .38 revolver. Then, practice, practice at your local range. Above all....get the training before anything else, or your efforts at self defense will literally backfire. And it goes without saying, get advice about local carry laws in your state and don't do anything illegal, unless you care to spend a few years showering in the county jail.

• Robin

you best get some training first

Find a local range that rents gun, go talk to them and practice using some different guns. What works for me might not work for you, they are very user specific.

$100 is going to buy you a piece of junk.

I am assuming you are in the USA. You can not buy a gun from a licensed dealer until you are 21 so forget going into a gun store to do it. You would have to buy a rifle. That is not easy to carry. You would have to find something for sale in your local news paper or bulletin board or buy from a private individual at a gun show. As far as $100, all you are going to get is a piece of junk or something pretty well used and worn. You would be better off using that money and going to a gun range and getting some lessons since it sounds like you are not very well informed about guns in general.

• WayneH

At your age you cannot own a handgun. There are no rifles or shotguns in that price range. So, you wait.

• Zee

You are obviously not a CHL instructor in Texas, since you don't even know the basic laws. Moron.