How do you repair a Swiss Army knife?

I have a Swiss Army knife where the gadgets all seem to be stuck. I can only manage to pull out one, and that just barely. How do I make it so that I can pull out the tools without much difficuty? Thank you.

• Mog
    Favorite Answer

Oil it with knife oil. I use Coon P All Purpose Knife Oil. Let it soak in for a few days. Try to move the gadgets to work the oil into the joints and reapply the oil. Repeat until they move smoothly.

If there is sand in the joints, it may need to be washed. Putting it in the washing machine with a load of towels works pretty good for that, but it can make the plastic sides off. Try swishing it around in Dish water before trying the washing machine. If the plastic sides come off, they can be locked back in place if it is a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife. The sides will be kind of wiggly if you don’t use superglue before locking them back in place.

• John P

Surely - by using another Swiss Army Knife!

Surely your house can't be the only one in the known world that doesn't have a canister of WD40 somewhere around?

Place the knife, as open as you can make it, on a piece of absorbent kitchen paper, then spray it lightly. Turn it over and do the other side.

Now just let it lie there for ten minutes or so.

Then start moving the tools one by one, let it lie another few minutes, and you'll find it's fine. Wipe the oil off very thoroughly with more absorbent paper, and you might have to do it again in half an hour or so, but basically, job done.

fire it and then mail it

• In

Get another Swiss Army knife and disassemble the first knife, clean,oil, and reassemble.

You spray something like WD-40 or silicone lubricant on it and wait a few minutes.

• Sharon

you might try WD-40

spend another 3 bucks and buy another cheap knife

You can either oil it...

or

send it to the Victorinox company. Swiss Army knives have a lifetime guarantee.

Source(s): Sent in plenty of knives for repair
    • William4 months agoReport

Thanks, but it isn't from Victorinox. I'll try oiling it.

• David

Spray it with WD 40.

• Mark

Try oiling it with mineral oil or gun oil.