Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Is climate activist Greta Thunberg sailing to the UN Climate Summit in her solar powered multi-million $$ racing yacht really helping?

Wouldn't her carbon footprint be less if she took a commercial flight that was going there anyway with an empty seat?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/greta-thunberg-trump-...

Update:

I understand now. Questions that are not blindly supportive of anthropogenic climate change are moved to Abuse and Spam by Level 7 dogmatic professional grad students.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

She is doing the best she can with the life she has been given.

Attachment image
    • ...Show all comments
    • Guru Hank
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

None so blind as those won't see. It couldn't be any plainer. The alcoholic mother with the bitterness of a minor showbusiness career behind her, has her hopes on the money a 'Nobel' peace prize would bring.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

I feel like it's just a PR thing. It's not a solution your average person would have at their disposal. Most people would take the plane. I can respect her for sticking to her principles, but it's just not a realistic thing to do, hence I categorize it a "PR stunt".

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

What would really help is if brain dead republicans would stop listening to anti-science bullshit and understand that this is a human-made problem that is not going away until we do something - that's basically what everyone has been saying for decades but some people just can't hear - their ears are plugged up with fox news lies.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

republicans are total creeps - foolish idiots - anti American dummies - go back from where you came!!

• 6 months ago

The involvement of a child with learning disabilities to push a political agenda is disgusting and a new low for the climate nazis.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

OP said, "Questions that are not blindly supportive of anthropogenic climate change are moved to Abuse and Spam by Level 7 dogmatic professional grad students."

This statement is right on the money. The paid trolls are also using a bot to KEEP questions in Abuse & Spam. That means that if you try to move YOUR OWN question back to Yahoo Global Warming, then the bot just puts it back in Abuse & Spam.

The paid troll censorship is very, very strong evidence that global warmists can't debate science and have a weak case.

The ONLY reason this question is hanging around is because I just exposed their bot program and the paid trolls are scrambling around.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

Here's an article about it: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6962683/Mother-climate-activist-Greta-Thunberg-DENIES-masterminding-daughters-rise-fame.html

• Dirac
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Clearly it is. She is bringing a lot of attention to the problem of anthropogenic climate change. If she weren't, you wouldn't be repeatedly asking questions about her and trying to disparage her.

Let's say I offered you a deal, where if you give me a hundred dollars, I gave you a million. If you believed that I would actually deliver, you would jump at the deal. Why not? It would be a smart investment. A similar argument can be made for Thuberg's carbon footprint (or Al Gore's, etc.). The actual CO2 that comes from a single person's actions is relatively small, but their actions may make a BIG difference limiting future emissions.

This really is not that hard a concept to understand.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dirac
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

You’re a liar with dozens of accounts, there is no way for someone honest like Elizabeth or me to win.

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is just Greta patting herself on the back showing she is a cult member.

• 6 months ago

Someone asked a similar question yesterday. I'll tell you what I told them.

To clarify, the yacht's not hers. It belongs to a racing team (Team Maliza) who offered her voyage to the UN Climate Action Summit.

"Wouldn't her carbon footprint be less if she took a commercial flight"

Nope. Commercial flights average about 32 passenger kilometers per liter. Not bad, better than most cars even, but a solar powered yacht averages almost infinite. Hard to beat that.

Of course, that fuel saving comes at a cost of convenience, but to her credit, Greta is sticking to her principles and accepting the cost.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If she did what you suggest, who would notice? The idea behind activism is to get the lethargic slobs to do something positive or, at least, stop blocking progress.

• 6 months ago

There will not be an empty seat. Somebody else will sit there.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

why is a kid triggering you?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.