Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 9 months ago

Trying to get pregnant?

So I'm trying to get pregnant for a while now but no luck, I've been trying everything (except going to a REs doctor because wer can't afford it). At one point I thought I could have babies or my husband would think the same but then one day I noticed that everytime after having sex my husband's sperm would never stay inside my vagina, it would always fall off or slide down, sometimes it would stay inside so I would assume that was the reason why I can't get pregnant. Is this normal?? Does it have to do with the position??

5 months is nowhere near a while. How old are you? How old is your partner? Where you using birth control? What kind and for how long? The semen falling out is gravity.

• alan P

Strangely enough its normal for at least some of the semen to come out the vagina straight after ejaculation but this doesn't seem to stop women getting pregnant. Sometimes couples can get stressed about trying to conceive and this can make it more difficult. Why not agree that next month you are not going to "try" to conceive you are just going to have the most joyful, uninhibited and loving sex possible as often as you feel like it. This is a great opportunity. You don't have to worry about condoms or birth control. You don't have to worry that the children are going to interrupt you. Sieze the moment. No guarantees but you might get a result from this approach.

ALL the semen comes out. Only the sperm go through your cervix and they're way too small to see.

It can take up to a year and still be entirely normal.

Be patient!

Where do you think the term "wet spot" comes from? It's normal for some of the semen to run out. There are so many sperm that you still have a pile of them up there trying to find an egg to fertilize.

What is "a while"? People often think they will go off BC and boom, they should be pregnant but in reality, there's only a 15% to 25% chance in any month of getting pregnant. It can easily take 6 months or more to get pregnant.

• Juarez9 months agoReport

Sorry, I've actually never heard of wet spot but ... well at least I learned something new today. I've been trying for 5 months, about to be 6 tomorrow actually.

• Pippin

How long is 'a while?' It is normal for it to take up to a year to achieve pregnancy. ANd it is normal for some semen to come out after sex. Gravity will do that. It is not keeping you from getting pregnant.

• God

At least half of the come runs out. That's normal. Just keep trying. It can take a year.

I understand it's an average 10% chance per month to get pregnant if you are actively trying. So on average if you are trying odds are you'll get pregnant after a year or so. Doctors advise that if you're not successful after that sort of period you should then see your GP to voice your concerns.

I heard this from a leading fertility expert in the UK.

• Jose

First, try to be patient and positive. It isn't uncommon or cause for concern if you don't get pregnant in a year. If you are able to track when you are ovulating, try to ensure that you are having a lot of unprotected sex around that time. Make sure that your male partner ejaculates inside of you during your sexual encounters. A diet with lots of leafy green vegetables will help him produce healthy semen. Try to enjoy the intimacy and don't look at it as a process. Good luck!

• alan P

Yes Pippin strange advice indeed. It's clear from the question that the man is ejaculating inside her in the time honoured way. But it seems that pornography has given some people the idea that pulling out before ejaculating is a normal way to have sex and they have forgotten the biology involved.