Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionComedy · 12 months ago

Do you love Monty Python but hate South Park?

No rude responses please.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't hate South Park but I do not find it funny. Python is hysterical at times which makes up for the non-funny, weird stuff...

I have copies of all my Dad's Python albums and the entire series of the show on DVD.

Lemon Curry?

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

I loved Python in the 70s but it has dated pretty badly. South Park is just meh.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

I do not like either one of them.

• 12 months ago

I like both, but they're very different so I can understand why they wouldn't necessarily always appeal to the same audience.

Python is sketch comedy that blends silliness with clever well hidden satire. It's no rules. There's no story. There's no character...at least no LONG TERM character.

South Park, in addition to being animated, leans more heavily on shock and potty humor than I'd prefer, but also leans hard on clever dialogue. It's satire is seldom hidden or subtle (the show is produced in 6 days per episode in real time as it airs so there's no time for subtle). It's heavily political and story and character based.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

No. I enjoyed the old South Park. I can't stand Monty Python. I don't find it even slightly amusing.

• 12 months ago

Yes, except that I would not call my reaction to South Park "hate", more like annoyed indifference.

• 12 months ago

i love both lmao

• 12 months ago

I love them both. They certainly are different, aren't they? Still both very funny.

• 12 months ago

Oddly enough, yes. Well, "hate" is too strong but I'm not a fan of South Park but am a fan of Monty Python.

I'm also a fan of a human being giving a curtain speech and asking for money vs a canned voice over a speaker doing so.

Old fashioned in surprising ways I suppose.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

monty python is so old and outdated, its wasnt funny in the first place. South Park is pure genius and hilarious

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.