Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 4 months ago

Which filmed version of Pride and Prejudice is the best one? Why?

• mokrie
    Favorite Answer

The original 6 part mini series with Collin Firth was the most accurate and most entertaining. ADDING ON--- If you want a fun ride then get Lost In Austen. It's about a fan of the book that ends up trading places with Elizabeth Bennet and experiences culture shock and messes up the whole story line. Very fun.

• mokrie

I'm REALLY late seeing your comment. What is Sandition? I don't want to miss anything tied to Pride and Prejudice.

• carrie

I only saw the one with Colin Firth in,

Bride and Prejudice is the best version of pride and prejudice, personally to me. I think it’s because the characters are perfect and takes a more modern spin to it than other films. The mixture of cultures as well further allows it to gain on other pride and prejudice films as it is the original book with a twist. I love this film and have to say it’s one of my favourite films in fact I was watching it last night.

I wonder if 80 years is too early for you? But the 80 edition is the best one! The earliest one was the 2005 edition, and it was well filmed.

The most important thing in every movie edition of Pride and Prejudice is to see how Darcy is chosen, and the second is how Elizabeth is chosen. The 80's edition is recognized as the most consistent with the original. The best choice of characters in this film is a key, and the best interpretation of characters is a key. Every actor deduces the characters in the original works thoroughly and vividly. The older generation of adults are watching this edition. Especially those who have not read the original should read the 80 edition. The only disadvantage is that because the film is relatively old, the picture is not so good, and the time is very long.

In 2005, the male and female protagonists were also well chosen and the picture was very good, but because the film was relatively new, the film was relatively short, that is to say, many plots were deleted, not as detailed as the original.

If you focus on matching the original, choose the 80 edition; if you focus on the sense of pictures, choose the 2005 edition. If you pay attention to both of them, then choose both of them!

I wish you happy

• Cogito

The BBC series. Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth. Hands down. No contest.

Brilliant acting from absolutely everyone, totally credible, witty, moving - a brilliant production.

• mokrie

You said it better then I did hands down. Ever see the funny take off on it called Lost in Austen?

Despite loving Keira Knightly, her version is among the worst I can remember. I really like the BBC version with lake diving Colin Firth. Not for the lake diving, obviously.