Xbox Wired controller not working and causing PC to turn off and then on without permission or any error.?

Hello, recently I factory reset my computer and when trying to play video games that require my xbox wired controller, the control simply lights up for a second and then turns off again (not working in game either obv), it even seemed to shut off my computer on 2 occasions after i tried un plugging and replugging... show more Hello, recently I factory reset my computer and when trying to play video games that require my xbox wired controller, the control simply lights up for a second and then turns off again (not working in game either obv), it even seemed to shut off my computer on 2 occasions after i tried un plugging and replugging the USB in a couple times, no error messages just off and immediately booting up again. I tried going into Win+R device manager settings and check for an update for the controller which it said it couldnt find ( the update, controller seems to be recognized by the computer). any help would be great, thanks!
1 answer 1