Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness Β· 6 months ago

Don't you think my doctor was too harsh with me about my weight?

Three weeks ago, I went to my doctor. I have a very strict doctor and she got on me about my weight. She saw my weight. She gave me a serious look. Now big girls are in nowadays. I am average. My doctor gave me a brutal talk. She said, "Why haven't you been doing your workouts? I can tell you haven't been workout out."

I said, "I have been working out but-"

Then she cut me off and said, "No you haven't! On our last visit which was 6 months ago, we talked about you working out, eating right and laying off the junk food which you failed to do. You're fat. You need to lose weight."

I was shocked she said that to me, "I say I'm average. My aunt says I am very lazy and only stuffing myself with junk. I've been busy and working and-"

Then she shot back at me, "That's because everyone is is fat! Cut the excuses! You are on the borderline of diabetes damn it! You're weight gain is out of control. You're being lazy and inconsiderate of yourself and you dont care. You don't care about your own body at all. Your aunt is right."

That hurt me. My aunt said the same thing about how careless I am about my body. I stormed out of the office in years! I'm not fat! I've been busy.

I am 5'9 and 280lbs. I was 250lbs last time. I did lose weight but I stopped. Diabetes runs on my dad's side big time.

• audrey
    Favorite Answer

Hmmm. You have a rude aunt and a rude doctor. Doctors don't talk to their patients that way. Change doctors. But do think about dieting just for you!.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Big girls are in??? Get out of your bubble

• k w

you learned from imitating family eating habits, eat fruit-meat-potato/carb 12oz of meat or so, the protein will help burn off the fat, eat an extra can of tuna if your not sure of the amt to take, you can be dieting, the worst thing for a girls figure

• k w

a nutritionist friend of mine once told a customer, to either do as he says or go buy a coffin........a few weeks later the guy came back and thanked him....I just got this book, 'the food babe way' I was reading it in the same store, vani hari is her name.....awesome.....

• joe

No, you are an excuse maker... You said "I am 5'9 and 280lbs. I was 250lbs last time." You say you are exercising and you gained 30 pounds... REALLY???? It sounds like you are too lazy to admit you have a problem. Complaining about what is has been said a sign that you are in denial! YOU ARE NOT FAT, YOU ARE MORBIDLY OBESE! THAT IS RIGHT MORBIDLY OBESE.

She is right, your aunt is right, your weight gain is out of control and all you can do is cry and say whoa is me. It is time to grow up buttercup. If you believe that "I'm not fat! I've been busy. " You are fooling no one but yourself, and you are not even fooling yourself, you are in denial.

Even though diabetes runs in your dad's side of the family, you cannot use that as an excuse for your being OBESE. You are lazy and want others to comfort you while slowly kill yourself! Well not going to happen. WAKE UP! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WHEN DIABETES TAKES OVER AND YOU LOSE A LIMB OR TWO? Who are you going to blame then? The doctor or your aunt? It will be you fault because you are in denial of your weight problem.

Your aunt and your doctor are right, you are lazy, you are obese, you stand a very good chance that you will shortly die of diabetes if you don't quit lying to yourself and making excuses.

Listen or suffer the consequences, both your aunt and doctor are right, you are wrong and know it, but as your aunt says you are too lazy to do anything about it.

I wish you the best of luck, but I have serious doubts that you will be alive in a few years, as I am sure this message is falling on dead ears.

Many doctors are like that if their patient ignores their advice. Doctors are here to help improve our health. If their patients ignore their advice, then they're just wasting their time on you.

You need to stop being oversensitive about this matter and instead take their advice onboard.

Both of these people are trying to help you and really do care about your wellbeing.

Particularly if you have diabetes in your family genetics pool, then it's important that you be a little more regimented in the food consumed. I know it can be boring to perform the same old exercise routine, so change it each time in some way.

My opinion is that your doctor is a straight shooter and not being harsh at all.