How much do you pay for rent?

I currently pay $340, utilities included. Live with 2 other people in a smallish house.

one of them is freeloading off of me, and I'm trying to move out but cannot get my mind around spending more for rent(it would be $687 If I did).

Is $687 a lot of money for rent on a shared apartment and single bedroom? it is a "luxury" apartment and fairly nice.

• Erik

$1490 for a one bedroom. You obviously DON'T live in CA.

That is cheap compared to most places!! Where I live a 1 bedroom is about $1200.00 and you pay utilities.

Unless you're a month to month tenant, you'll still be liable for the rent when you move.

I own my home & don't pay any rent. I have to pay property taxes, insurance, maintenance & all that cost a lot.

• Jay

I own my house (2,150 sq ft) and my mortgage is $1,900.00 a month.

My daughter rents a small apartment...one bedroom...her rent is $1,600 per month.

i do not pay rent, my husband and i OWN 2 houses. one primary residence and another for vacation purposes in the south of france.

I don't pay rent. I own my home but I couldn't let this go. Nobody can freeload off anyone without their permission. If it bothers you that you are financially supporting someone, then stop it. Kick him out.

i don’t think that’s too too bad. my friend’s sister and her boyfriend paid $1,000 a month for an apartment in detroit that was tinyyyy and not very clean or up to date.