Sometimes the car does not stop when I brake but it feels like it’s hard to stop , is this a rotor issue I’m afraid I will rear end someone?

It happens every once a while I’ll press the brakes and it won’t stop like a jumpy feeling is this rotorsrelated ? 2001 Honda Passport

• Geo
    Favorite Answer

It's NOT the Rotors. Sounds like a Brake Booster problem. Make sure the Vacuum Line is attached at both ends. Just follow it from the booster. You'll usually get a hissing sound inside when they go bad.

When the brake job is done the mechanic will likely find frozen caliper slide pins or a frozen caliper on a vehicle that old. The rotors are warped but warped rotors usually don't keep the vehicle from stopping.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

It could be many things. Take it to a shop ASAP. You cannot rely on an internet diagnosis when we cannot see the car in person