Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 6 months ago

How long will it take to conceive if i am 32 and my husband is 45?

I know its impossible to say exactly but when should I see a specialist if I am unable to conceive?

• LizB

At your ages, see a fertility specialist if you have not conceived within 6 months of active TTC. There's no need to wait an entire year when the couple is a little older and/or has known existing fertility concerns. The woman's age is not all that matters, men also experience reduction in fertility after 30, and a sharp reduction after about age 39.

If you don't conceive within the first year then see a specialist.

• Suzy Q

Your husband's age isn't really relevant, only yours. You're under 25, so it's usually recommended to see a doctor after trying for a full year. Over 35 the advice is to see a doctor after 6 months.

• LizB

20% of the time it's both. The male partner being older can *absolutely* contribute to difficulties conceiving, and also increases risk of miscarriage, stillbirth, and congenital defects.

• Alex

Assuming you do everything right. Track your cycle, take your temperature, have sex on your 4 most fertile days of the cycle, and your husband has strong, healthy and motile sperm...

Your odds are at best (AT BEST) are only 25% of conceiving.

I'd say if you haven't managed to get a bun in the oven in a year...see a doctor.

• Ms.6 months agoReport

Download the flo app, it’ll help you track your period and will alert you in your fertile days