Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationInsurance & Registration · 3 months ago

How to get the settlement. I deserve from my insurance?

Long story short I was followed home punched in the face by the passenger and then the driver reversed into the hood of my car and drove off. I got their plate and was able to report it. However I have the worst insurance company and with my luck the third party has the same one. They are now trying to tell me because I was out of the car I’m not entitled to the injury compensation even though my hand wa son the car door. And I also now have ptsd and anxiety from it. how do I get them to give me a proper settlement without bias

6 Answers

  • 3 months ago

    you were not hurt while involved in a car accident. your company is not the worst, you are just incorrect of what they should be paying you

  • 3 months ago

    Being punched in the face is a police matter. It has nothing whatever to do with motor insurance.

    • bailey3 months agoReport

      I’m not referring to the assault injury. I’m referring to the ptsd and anxiety from the accident it’s self. I was right beside the car when the driver reserved almost running me over. I obviously know that the assault or a police matter that all was dealt with the same night.

  • g
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    Automotive insurance only covers injuries sustain as a result of an automobile accident. You being punched in the face had zero to do with being in an automobile accident.

    The best you could do would be to hire legal council to go after the person who assaulted you. This is not something your automotive insurance provider has any involvement.

  • May
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

    Short answer, short:

    Auto insurance doesn't cover being punched in the face.

    That is a civil matter and would be dealt with in the courts should you sue the culprit.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

    Car insurance doesn't cover intentional injuries. Car insurance only covers injuries if they happen in a car accident (a crash that was not deliberately caused). It doesn't cover being punched.

    The only thing for which the car insurance can pay is the damage to the car.

  • CB
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

    You hire a lawyer and sue the passenger and driver. Insurance only makes you whole again (indemnify - look it up) not make your rich- you need lawyer for that bit of trickery.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.