Where can you find power transformer stampings/laminations?

I've been looking for weeks for some place that actually sells silicon steel E/I stampings for building transformers, and so far, the only places that I could find were Alibaba and some equivalent to that from India. I have absolutely no intention of buying 1000 tons of stampings from either, nor do I have any... show more I've been looking for weeks for some place that actually sells silicon steel E/I stampings for building transformers, and so far, the only places that I could find were Alibaba and some equivalent to that from India. I have absolutely no intention of buying 1000 tons of stampings from either, nor do I have any intention to pay $500 DHL shipping for a 5-20kg box of them from the only place I had respond who would actually do small order quantities.

Are there any alternatives? Are there any websites that actually sell them besides the third rate suppliers from Alibaba? Are there any places that make them in Europe or the United States? By alternatives, I do not mean "salvaging" them from microwaves. It would take too much time and resources to do that, and they would probably explode under constant use anyway.
Update: Edit: I am NOT going to go to a metal supplier, who, while they would probably sell me a small amount of silicon steel, but to also go to a "stamping house" to have the custom made? No, I am not paying $5000 for a couple hundred sheets, otherwise known as 5-20 kilograms, to be made. This is just to let... show more Edit: I am NOT going to go to a metal supplier, who, while they would probably sell me a small amount of silicon steel, but to also go to a "stamping house" to have the custom made? No, I am not paying $5000 for a couple hundred sheets, otherwise known as 5-20 kilograms, to be made. This is just to let other people who are answering KNOW that it won't be an acceptable answer.