Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 months ago

What is so good about raising minimum wage?!?

The prices of EVERYTHING will go up and it will not do any good. Like Seattle it is four dollars for a bottle of soda pop

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It doesnt do any good. I cant understand how people never think of this. They just think high minimum wage and thats it, they dont think of the outcome. Businesses will charge more because people make more.

California has $13 minimum wage but they pay over a dollar more than gas, they pay 1,100 for a 375 square foot apartmen, in the south i can get the same priced apartment with 1,000 squarefoot

• -j.
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

THat has nothing to do with minimum wage, nobody making $13/hr is paying $1,100 a month.

• Alex
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Actually...As much as I'd love to see people making a living wage...I have to agree that raising the minimum wage isn't the answer. At least not the whole answer.

The other part of the problem is that housing costs have risen far in excess of inflation. This is in part to the fact that people stopped seeing houses and properties as places to live. but as money makers.

You have that guy who will buy a reasonably priced $50,000 house, spending $5-10k on improvements and then selling it at the inflated price of $90,000-$100,000 or even higher if they pull the tricks that you can spend a grand to raise the selling price four grand.

Then in (for another example) Calvert County Maryland, there was a housing development that had lots bought and sold half a dozen times or more (each time at a profit) before the first shovel hit dirt.

So, in order to have a living wage, perhaps a more modest and reasonable increase coupled with regulation to keep housing prices from skyrocketing.

• 4 months ago

doesnt matter either way, prices still are increasing on their own

• blu
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The higher minimum wage the less burden on taxpayers w/ gov assistance.

Why would I care a company made $29M profit instead of $30M profit because they had to pay living wages? The higher profit is meaningful for a minority of management and stockholders.

I can tell you something else, once management gets your right wing vote which maximizes profit at the expense of the rest, you're nothing more than a bucket of warm spit to them. Management wants obedient workers who lack critical thinking so they don't know how badly they're getting screwed.

Unions set the standard for what labor is worth. When the GOP erodes the strength of them it hurts all of us.

If corporate America was left to it's own device w/ no minimum wage, wages would decrease and the gaps in class distinction widen at a more alarming rate than they do now.

Labor is an obstacle management has to confront to maximize profit.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • donnie
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Because in a average liberals brain they think more pay is better. But when someone rationally thinks about it it you will think about t you know stores have to raise prices so groceries are higher priced like you said four dollars for a single thing of pop when where I am at I can buy a whole case for half of that. Raising wages on certain jobs like teachers and stuff thats fine but for entry level jobs that are mostly teens trying to make some money for them and their family. There is no reason why they need $15.00a hour.

• -j.
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The price of everything is already going up, faster than wages can keep pace.

What's your suggestion? How does *not* helping wage growth keep up help anything?

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I’m hoping the US experiences and 5x increase in the price of goods from having no illegals or low paying workers. The economy won’t handle it 😂😂😂😂🔥

• 4 months ago

And everyone pays a higher tax percentage so you lose buying power.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

The tariffs are having the same effect. That’s why Trump is postponing the tariffs during the Christmas season.

• 4 months ago

Give this man a cigar. You just figured out the obvious flaw in the liberal plan.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.