Should I try to protest this ticket?

I was coming up to a light that had just turned green. I was going about 10 to 20 mph. The police had someone pulled over in the turn lane. The light turned green and everyone started moving and drove on by. The police had just finished the traffic stop and was in his car about to leave. I couldn't get over... show more I was coming up to a light that had just turned green. I was going about 10 to 20 mph. The police had someone pulled over in the turn lane. The light turned green and everyone started moving and drove on by. The police had just finished the traffic stop and was in his car about to leave. I couldn't get over because there was a line of cars next to me and cars behind me. The police started to pull out in front of me and I slowed down and got over as far as I could but it was to late to stop so I just eased on by at about 10 mph. Then he pulled out in front of the guy behind me and pulled me over and wrote me a ticket for failure to yeild to an emergency vehicle. I didn't know he was about to pull out until it was too late I thought he was at a traffic stop. The law says that if you can't get over to slow down 15 mph under the speed limit. I was going well under that. Any reasonable police officer would have just waited until it was clear instead of forcing himself into traffic. But he almost hit me as I was driving by. Should I protest or just pay it?
10 answers 10