Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelMexicoMexico City · 5 months ago

To whom was Jesus praying if not to a superior Personage? Furthermore, it was God who resurrected Jesus from the dead, not Jesus himself?

Jesus prayed to his Father: “Let, not my will, but yours take place.” (Luke 22:42)

God who resurrected Jesus from the dead, not Jesus himself. (Acts 2:32)

Obviously, the Father and the Son were not equal before Jesus came to the earth or during his earthly life. What about after Jesus’ resurrection to heaven? First Corinthians 11:3 states: “The head of the Christ is God.” In fact, the Son will always be in subjection to God. (1 Corinthians 15:28) The Scriptures therefore show that Jesus is not God Almighty. Instead, he is God’s Son.

Favorite Answer

Well, there you go. Like I've been saying all along, Jesus wasn't God.

I don't usually mess with people's beliefs, but I have to point out that the New Testament was written a couple of hundred years after Jesus lived. Myths like virgin births and resurrections from the dead were common in ancient religions- they were used to persuade people to believe. Believe if you want to, but taking the words in the Bible literally is problematic.

• John

Me, I put my jeans on one leg at a time. Not sure what you wrote has to do with that. Or anything, for that matter.

Your life is at stake man... get a real Bible.

...and your point is...?