promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Coop 366 asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 9 months ago

Why can someone block you and still answer your question?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because you have to block them but doing so isn't always possible if they're in anonymous mode. I would love to see Yahoo Answers get rid of anonymous mode.

• Coop 366
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

I think "anon. mode" was one of the dumbest idea anyone has ever had,

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • SIR
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I don't know, some of the ways this site was designed is very questionable. There's also the fact that if you block someone, that person can still post a comment under someone's answer to your question and get aggressive (unless that user also blocked them). That LAN user does this all the time because he has nothing better to do with his pathetic life.

Anyway, I have noticed that if people who blocked you think they have the audacity to answer your question... they DO get punished for it. Know why? Because you literally cannot award them best answer! Ha! That's what they get.

• 9 months ago

Unless you blocked them back they can still answer your questions even if they blocked you.

• August
      Lv 6
      9 months agoReport

correct answer so why the thumbs down ?

• 9 months ago

If I block you, you can't answer MY questions, but I can answer YOURS.

If you block me, I can't answer YOUR questions, but you can answer MINE.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Someone blocking YOU.........does not prevent them from answering your question, since YOU have not blocked them.

If you have blocked them.......and they can still answer anyway........that means they are working twin, triple or multiple accounts. ....and you only blocked ONE of them.

For example.....the user RYDE ON, has a twin account.......same avatar, same name.....but two seperate accounts. If you only blocked one, for example.......he can still answer with the other.

My stalker literally has dozens of active accounts. He's blocked on a no fewer than a dozen of them, but he still has Others.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Blocking is only one way. You need to block them.

• Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

you would know,, phony...

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

They cant Answer or Comment on your Answers However they can still Comment on other people's Answers on your Question there is no way to Completely Block them from your Questions Unfortunately

• ...Show all comments
    • Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Daniel...I explained, perfectly, how it IS done. In the old green days, people called them "Back-Up" accounts, or ghost accounts....duplicates of the same account.....with the same contacts and same blocks....in case one was suspended, you didn't lose all your contacts, and had a spare account.

Lv 7
    9 months ago

Because you are blocked from posting to them, not the other way around. They don't want you to answer their questions, but are free to answer yours (unless you block them back). They don't want you commenting on their answers, but are free to comment on yours. Blocks only go one-way.

• 9 months ago

You haven't blocked them.

• Coop 366
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

True and until lately I wanted to let everyone answer me. I did not block someone who threaten to kill me but they are growing in numbers. So one blocked a couple for the first time and in the future any whose answer can not be rated I will again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.