Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsPhysics · 5 months ago

Why did it take so long for the true nature of light to be discovered?

• goring

we discovered that after we where born;.we can see with it

However as per the biblical record of creation light particle was the first mass structured creation

• Tom S

It has? Please cite your info on this.

If we EVER get to know the true nature of light then I would be in a better position to answer your question.

I don't believe it will happen in my lifetime nor in that of my children either.

Scientists work on MODELS. Religious people ( and fools ) work on absolute belief.

Only a fool thinks that our model is a perfect representation of reality.

FALSE assumption and premise. We still DO NOT fully understand light. That photons have no rest mass is an ASSUMPTION made to make the math "work." You CANNOT stop photons long enough to measure their rest mass without destroying the photons. We may NEVER figure it out completely before we destroy ourselves because of willful Ignorance or go extinct.

When will they discover the true "true nature of light"?

• Ludwig

Because of the difficulty of reconciling the twin concepts that make up 'wave particle duality' and the relationship between electric and magnetic fields.

• blu

I'm amazed by how fast they discovered so much.

• NONAME

nature of light? what is that exactly?

It's counter-intuitive to think that it acts like a wave at times and acts like particles at other times. In fact I'm not sure I understand the true nature of light right now. Mind you I take comfort in the fact that a very smart person, Richard Feynman, has been quoted as saying: "If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics."