You are President Trump. You know a recession is due, but with policy maneuvers you could forestall it...for a time anyway.?

You could allow it to happen now and go through it the natural way, which would be quicker and less painful long term but it’s getting close to election season and that’s risky.

Or

You can use monetary policy, tax policy and other feel good gimmicks to keep the market running on false hope.

No fallout before election but...when the recession does hit it’ll be worse, last longer and worst of be entirely blamed on you.

You are Trump.

What is your move?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Ah...you are someone who understands both politics and economics. Rare breed.

Watching Trump over these 3.5 years, I think we all know the answer. He'll do the expedient thing so that he looks good, "I'm the only one who can solve this problem."

So he'll direct the Treasury to increase the M1 money supply for that quick fix, and other short-term tricks. With the over inflated economy, inflation will rise along with unemployment as customers can no long afford anything but essentials.

Then he'll blame Congress for not enacting more of his programs.

• 4 months ago

If I were trump I would keep my financial failure hands off the American economy.

• 4 months ago

If I was President Trump I would avert the recession entirely by legalizing recreational marijuana throughout the entire United States immediately. This would create a situation where we would have a product that the entire world wants and we could make the United States vacation Paradise where you could come to vacation and to enjoy weed legally literally millions and millions of people would be bringing plenty of money. And instead of sending all that money out of our country to the drug cartel we would be the drug cartel and all the money would come to us!

• 4 months ago

“The Drive-Bys, they’re incorrigible. Now they are literally trying to once again talk the people of this country into a recession...So many people in that town want rid of Trump that they’re going to stop at nothing. It doesn’t matter what damage they do to the economy or the country. And it’s not unprecedented, folks. This has been done before.” -Rush Limbaugh

• Professor
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

The Trump administration is what is wreaking havoc on this nation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

You have let the doom and gloomers affect your thinking. There is no recession coming. If Trump could stop one, he would. If the crazed Democrats could start one, they would...just like they did at the end of George w Bush's second term.

• 4 months ago

What did Obama do?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.