Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCameras · 4 months ago

Has anyone ever used Nikon P1000 to look into Area 51?

Or a camera of similar power?

• Frank

Yes, and I got a great shot of a marine pointing a 50 .cal sniper riffle right at my forehead.

I then went back to my hotel to change my underwear.

Perhaps, but they weren't able to keep them in the Air Force brig.

You may need more than that. Tikaboo peak is 26 miles away so if you can find the angle of view for a 3000mm lens (P1000 max focal length) you can see what the field of view will be

Check this.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/13999/new-vi...

• keerok

Most probably yes. Success rate? I'm pretty sure nothing significant whatsoever.

• qrk

Use Google Earth. It's so much easier. 20 miles to the SW from Groom Lake, you can see the N-test craters.

Even trying to see over the mountains around it can get you into serious trouble.

The best thing to do is put it out of your thoughts and let the secrets be.

thery have used lens way more powerful that that.

but you do realize that 99% of area 51 is just empty desert

and the one mountain where you can actually see groom lake AFB, the base is still more than 50 miles away from you

Once you get to the perimeter you are watched on closed-circuit camera and armed security in Pickups and SUVs. Also, note The military classifies Area 51 as a Military Operating Area (MOA). The borders of Area 51 are not fenced but are marked with orange poles and warning signs. The signs tell you that photography isn't allowed and that trespassing on the property will result in a fine. The signs also warn that security is authorized to use deadly force on people who insist on trespassing.

Probably. But I'm sure that A) It's 60 square miles. The actual "stuff" going on there would be miles inside the perimeter. And B) probably most of it is underground. And all of it inside buildings that no one can see into or through. You think they are going to have a ultra top-secret lab where you can see it with a telephoto lens?

• No one insinuated that the reason for looking is to find “top secret” material. By saying it’s hidden you’re stating the obvious