Help pls 4 the love of God? So confused w the mechanisms of (cervical) cancer staging. If a mass fell under 1b1 volume size, is that my..?

Definite stage? I'm reading that even w masses of that size they can still spread/metastasize. If that's the case, then why invent the staging system based on size? Why does a certain mass of a small-volume size fall under 1a or 1b , technically "stage 1" , if you might not even have stage 1... show more Definite stage?
I'm reading that even w masses of that size they can still spread/metastasize. If that's the case, then why invent the staging system based on size? Why does a certain mass of a small-volume size fall under 1a or 1b , technically "stage 1" , if you might not even have stage 1 cancer from lymph node/organ/bone involvement?
My gyno did a cold knife biopsy and told me the size of the cancerous tissue removed is "1b1" and it had clear margins. Then made me do a nuclear bone scan and a ct scan. I can understand the ct scan, to guide them w the hysterectomy surgical procedure (was told i still need it since the area was 1b1 and not 1a), but why the bone scan? What is the likelihood of a "1b1" tumor, being metastasized to the bones?
What is the point of labeling growths under stages if any stage is fatal? So confused.
When I was told 1b1 i got so excited because to my knowledge stage 1 cancers have excellent prognosis, but now idk what to think... Depression entails me.