How do I limit the output current from a homemade power supply so that it doesn’t flip mains breakers from the outlet?

Hello, 10 points to best answer. My mains is 15amp and 120volt. I am building an induction heater and need a high powered power supply. I have rectified AC to DC and have an LC circuit for ripple filtering. I have measured 168VDC which should give ~2.5kW power at max without poping a mains breaker granted there... show more Hello, 10 points to best answer.

My mains is 15amp and 120volt. I am building an induction heater and need a high powered power supply. I have rectified AC to DC and have an LC circuit for ripple filtering. I have measured 168VDC which should give ~2.5kW power at max without poping a mains breaker granted there is nothing else on the household circuit.

The induction machine will draw as many amps as it needs as of right now, so if there is a small bit of metal, the power consumption will be far below 15A. But if I put more metal in, it will draw more amps and pop breakers.

How do I limit the current draw or output from either the induction machine or my power supply so that it limits ~2kW of power and doesn’t pop any breakers regardless of the amount of metal I am putting in?

If I use a step up transformer to output let’s say 240VDC at a max of ~7.5A, the heater can still draw more current and pop the breaker regardless.

I am just trying to make sure I build something that doesnt repeatedly trip breakers every time I try to use it because it is trying to get more power than my outlet can supply.

I hope I explained my problem sufficiently. Thank you