What is this weird thing in my basement?

I work in a chippy and the basement gets quite wet since we use a hose a lot but lately I've noticed this strange red thing that acts alive but if you break a piece off (by smoothing it with your foot and dragging it across the floor) it turns black and the main part shrivel back into the crack in the floor but at a slow pace. Now I've also found a strange black blob and when I deflated it by stomping it and then washing it with said hose it turned into black liquid and the main crack had a bit of the red thing. So my main question is what the hell is this stuff?

Demons or the blob.

You need to replace that broken tile anyways, the only way to find out is to open it up and see what's going on down there. From your description, it sounds like The Blob.

• Mr. P

Looks like a slime mold or fungus.

It is alive and is living in your basement, and I'm pretty sure it voids your hygiene certificate.