Does it make sense to continue this online relationship?

I'm in a 'relatiinship' with someone I met online. I really like him, but I'm feeling lost. He is heavily depressed, and addicted to drugs. It was not always the case, but after something particular happened. I try my best to help him, but I can only do much. We cannot see each other in real life... show more I'm in a 'relatiinship' with someone I met online. I really like him, but I'm feeling lost.
He is heavily depressed, and addicted to drugs. It was not always the case, but after something particular happened.
I try my best to help him, but I can only do much. We cannot see each other in real life anytime soon. And I don't feel like I can continue this some more. Especially when he's been emotionally and verbally abusive towards me. I blame it on the drugs, but how can I know it will not get worse if ever we meet in real life, or when he gets sober. Which I am not optimistic about because he refuses categorically to go on a therapy or get a treatment.
What would you do in this situation?