My boss told me to come to work and then acted like I was weird for doing it?

My boss said 2 months ago that I should come in to work on my birthday and we would have an employee pizza party but I wouldn't have to work (we already have a pizza buffet where I work so it wouldn't even be hard to) but when I got there he told me to go home and take the day off because it's my... show more My boss said 2 months ago that I should come in to work on my birthday and we would have an employee pizza party but I wouldn't have to work (we already have a pizza buffet where I work so it wouldn't even be hard to) but when I got there he told me to go home and take the day off because it's my birthday and acted like I was super weird for coming in, even though he asked me to. Am I good?
Update: I'm gonna re ask this question in a more general way
Update 2: actually nevermind i'm okay thank you all
Update 3: just for everyone's edification I realised that the problem was that my boss doesn't communicate well in general so I'm going to pursue advice in the category of how to be a better communicator instead of just trying to figure out one person on a case by case basis
Update 4: also the reason I asked this question is because he wanted to add water nozzles and soundtracks to things like skee-ball and it just reminded me that his behavior is sometimes difficult for me to parse