The 19th bicyclist was killed in NYC accident a few days ago, they ride very fast, do you think they should be banned for their own safety?

I think bikers should be banned because I could have killed a rider myself last year. I'm not sure if I was parked near a bike lane or not, but I went to open my door, but thankfully I hesitated to get something, and a second later a biker whizzed by my car at lightening speed. If I opened my door when I... show more I think bikers should be banned because I could have killed a rider myself last year. I'm not sure if I was parked near a bike lane or not, but I went to open my door, but thankfully I hesitated to get something, and a second later a biker whizzed by my car at lightening speed. If I opened my door when I originally wanted to the biker would have smacked into it. If you drive in NYC, be well aware of bikers around your car.
Update: I hadn't driven in NYC for six years before the bicycle incident, and I haven't been there since. Yes, I was shocked to see the cyclist whizzing by my car. Yes, maybe I wasn't paying all the attention I should, but my BFF was dying in Sloan Kettering Hospital, the reason for my NYC trip. All the more... show more I hadn't driven in NYC for six years before the bicycle incident, and I haven't been there since. Yes, I was shocked to see the cyclist whizzing by my car. Yes, maybe I wasn't paying all the attention I should, but my BFF was dying in Sloan Kettering Hospital, the reason for my NYC trip. All the more reason cyclists should be protected from distracted drivers and banned for their safety.