What do you think of the Australian city, Sydney?

You don't have to be from Australia to answer this, and you don't have to had ever visited Sydney.

I've always liked Sydney, if for its harbours alone. It's considered Australia's only world city, and about as close as the atmosphere of San Francisco in the Southern Hemisphere as possible.

I’ve always wanted to go. It looks like a great city. Also I thought Melbourne is considered a world class city too.

• TSK

Love it...Been often..Last Feb rented a place there.

overcrowded, overrated, overpriced, over it, it's been under construction since the 1980's, projects get started but never finished. Don't go anywhere near the CBD, you can't move without tripping over some construction barrier or falling in a hole or having to detour cause the street has been closed. Overcrowding is ridiculous, everybody lives on one side of Sydney and works on the other side. If you want to drive to work you have to get up at 6am to beat the traffic and get a parking space. Public transport is OK but all it takes is a drop of rain or a minor accident or some person collapses and the whole thing is delayed for hours.The only good thing is the NBN. Ha ha just kidding that's rubbish too.

• Jill

It's a beautiful city but not very well planned - too crowded in some areas, sprawling endlessly in other areas and too much traffic. I don't think it is considered Australia's only world city and I don't think anyone who hasn't actually been there should give an opinion.

only 3 good things about Sydney

the roads out north south & east

• Jill

East is the Pacific ocean.

Nothing wrong with it at all, as well as the country. It's safe, and it will definitely feel different than San Francisco