Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 5 months ago

Why does my cat have a black blob in his ear after coming back from the vet?

My make cat just came back from the vet. Desexed and microchipped. He seems to be doing fine. But I found this black tattoo like blob on his left ear. What is it?

I don’t really know if it’s an tattoo or a marker. But I did read online that vets like to put a M to say to people that his male.. is that what it is?? But why doesn’t it look like an M then.

Well it could be a tattoo. All of my cats got a small tattoo when they were fixed. They usually put a line on the belly to mark that the cat has been spayed or neutered. Wow if this is the tattoo for signifying that you cat is fixed I would be a little mad at your vet. I would definitely call and ask. It looks like they might have accidentally put too much ink into the marking.

Because you went to a witch doctor instead of a vet.

• Maxi

Obvious answer is ask your vet..........

• J C

Isn't this a good question for the vet who put it there? Call and ask.

Why are you asking us and not the vet? Like we're going to magically know???

Was this a free feral spay/neuter program? Is so the "blob" could be dried blood for clipping of the tip of the ear.

• taylarg20005 months agoReport

His ear isn’t cropped off. His not a stray. And no it wasn’t a free vet thing. I just wanted to ask on here for extra questioning. Plus the vet is closed at the moment.

• angie

Maybe to tell him apart from other patients?