Help pls so confused. Is it true that cancer in its early stages, although curable, can return due to "metastasis" that happened?

I read somewhere that cancer mets can happen years after treatment, how does that work? if someone is considered clear?

Also, what testing procedures do doctors use to officially confirm the stage of a diagnosis?

And does a single metastasis have a curable prognosis?

Does "metastasis" imply lymph node/organ spread or whole body/bone spread?

Cervical cancer patient

Favorite Answer

A single cell that is missed in your treatment, not even visible except under a microscope, can theoretically case a later metastatic recurrence.

This is more likely with some cancer types than others.

I had 2 different cell types in my tumour.

One was a fast growing but slow to metastasize cell type the other was a slower growing but rapidly metastasizing type. Luckily the metastasizing type was completely encased by the rapid growth type otherwise I would probably not be here 15 years after my stage 3 diagnosis.

It is true. Why do you doubt? It works by the metabolic or metastasis.. the body changes inside. It's a process. Some cancer can get cured and some can't. It can spread through other cells depends on type of cancer.

Source(s): I'm not a doctor you should go to medical school... not just be a patient.