DRIVING TEST!!?

I am very confused. I have my driving test in a few days, and whenever I see a "Road Work Ahead" sign I always lower down my speed by 25 MPH even when no workers are present. The sign doesn't say a new posted speed limit or anything. I go 25 MPH until it says "end of road work." Will I fail... show more I am very confused. I have my driving test in a few days, and whenever I see a "Road Work Ahead" sign I always lower down my speed by 25 MPH even when no workers are present. The sign doesn't say a new posted speed limit or anything. I go 25 MPH until it says "end of road work." Will I fail because of that? I was driving with my parents and they asked me why I was slowing down. Now I asked everyone if I'm supposed to do that, and everyone gives me different answers. I don't want to fail. I look it up as well and there isn't anything about it.
Update: Also!! Whenever I go down to 25MPH I feel like cars get annoyed of me.
Update 2: i live in california