My German grandfather says he respects Adolf Hitler but he understands why people hate him?

My grandfather has a complicated view on Adolf Hitler, he says he respects Hitler for what he tried to do in the name of German people he was a hard warrior just like Genghis Khan. Genghis Khan butchered millions of people with a gay heart hisotory only remembers him as a great ruler, Hitler was similar but in... show more My grandfather has a complicated view on Adolf Hitler, he says he respects Hitler for what he tried to do in the name of German people he was a hard warrior just like Genghis Khan. Genghis Khan butchered millions of people with a gay heart hisotory only remembers him as a great ruler, Hitler was similar but in modern times and it is too soon for most people to look at him objectively rather than with sentiment.

However, my grandfather also understands why people despise him and he does not deny the holocaust or say it was good. He says that great warriors cannot take hard measures in white gloves .

Do you think my grand father is a racist?