Lily asked in SportsSwimming & Diving · 3 months ago

How do I avoid stepping on the little rocks and shell fragments at the beach?

I love wading and walking through the water at the beach, but the rocks and shells hurt the bottoms of my feet. I do not know how to swim so I can't go further in to avoid them and I want to be able to stand at least waist deep in the water.

Would wearing socks make me look weird?

Lots of people wear thin-soled rubber shoes that don't slip off your feet. I wore them myself as a child.

But what on earth made you imagine this question belonged in 'Etiquette'?

Rubber soled light footwear would be best.

Get yourself a set of shower slides and wear them to the beach a lot of people wear them to protect their feet from the rocks in the shells

• bluebellbkk

The trouble with slides is that they do just that: slide off your feet. Especially walking in water.

Just wear some shoes! And if you don’t wanna wear shoes, have someone carry you, you step onto a towel and walk with the towel.

Please answer my recent one. I need someone’s opinion

You can buy soft rubber shoes for exaactly that purpose. They are available on Amazon and other places.

They fit like socks but with a sole as well to protect your feet.

• Dze

why dont you wear some little bootys ...

• bluebellbkk

Just a hint: a 'booty', plural 'booties', is not the same as a 'bootee', plural 'bootees'.