Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Other - Soccer · 10 months ago

(Soccer) Is the Referee allowed to Yellow Card the Coach?

Non-Home game.

So the our teammate had the ball. Our striker (4-1-2-1-2 formation) had it and the other team did a high kick. The referee who saw it all paid no attention to it.

Coach: Ref.

Ref: *ignores"

Coach: Ref! (×4)

Ref: why are you wasting my time?

C: Did you not see that high kick?

R: Yes.

C: Then why are you ignoring it?

R: You don't need to know that.

C: Why? Tell me why i lm not supoosed to know that.

R: Now's not the time for conversation.

C:That doesn't matter, a high kick is dangerous play.

R: Plz don't make me yellow card you.

C: But thats dangerous play, and you ignored that.

They pressed on until the card was pulled out. The opposing team crowd started cheering for hell knows why.

Before that one of our offence hurt his leg. The ref said "Get your butt up."

C: HEY! What makes you think you have the right to say that? Can't you see he's hurt?

R: I thought he just sat down.

C: Maybe he's sitting because he's hurt!

We beat them but still, is it allowed to yellow card a referee? (He also did a bad job. His cards were like the only thing keeping him from being fired. I wanted to punch him so bad.) And also something about a bad gash in someone's face one time and it was the same ref? I didnt pay attention to that part so they obviously know each other.

• DEBS
    Favorite Answer

The referee can officially caution or eject the coach, team officials, and substitutes. This previously wasn't officially allowed (even though some leagues were okay with it.) As of the latest changes to the laws of the game, it is legal at all levels.

Based on your description of events, your coach was out of line with his badgering the referee. The referee has no obligation to explain his decisions to the coach during the game. Your coach should know better. The league needs to make sure he does. As for his specific complaint, a 'high kick' is not a foul by itself. It must be, in the opinion of the referee, dangerous. That generally means an opponent is attempted to play the same ball from a normal upright position.

Your coach can file a report with the league if he desires.

• jimmy

The referee can red card the coach and send him to the stands.