Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 4 months ago

Is it true that being in high school for a long time can actually look good to colleges and employers because it shows that you didn’t give?

Up on something difficult

Update:

Well actually transcripts are dated and employers ask for dates you start and end high school. I suppose you could lie on job applications and just put 4 years. Like start 2015 and end 2019.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Along time, being what? And not particularly, unless it’s about a year and you have a compelling reason.

• 4 months ago

No, I don't know where you heard that information, but it's not true at all. Employers don't care about how many years you've spent in your education, all they ever care about is whether or not you've got the degree or not. It doesn't matter if it's high school diploma or a college degree. You have to finish it and finish the entire program. Never do things and stop half-way, you need to complete it without flaws. If you've already got over high school, then I suggest you to go to college in order to get a higher degree. Employers are greedy, they only want the best people to work for them. If you have job experiences, then that's a plus.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

no. employers rarely look at your educational qualifications after your fist job. get your diploma, degree fast and move on

• 4 months ago

Employers, probably not. They would only note your graduation.

For a college application, the situation might make a good personal statement, or essay. That would be if there was some true obstacle to overcome.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Unless you had an illness or trauma to prevent you from graduating on time, I don’t see how this is a positive.

• 4 months ago

That may happen, but most would not see it as a good sign of competence and intelligence.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Lol no because high school isn't difficult

• 4 months ago

no it does not. they don't ask when you got to school and when you left school. they only want to know what you got for grades and what activities you might have excelled at. No employer will care how long you spent in high school either. Employers only want to know if you will work out for them.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Not true .

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I suppose, if they actually read that much into it. I don't think that’s the first thing they’ll think though. They’re gonna think that you fail all the time and aren’t very smart or don’t try much during the year. They want you to have 4 years of high school (5 where I am because 8th grade is a high school grade...)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.