Why are coworkers so nosy?

I applied for an internal job at the company, my friend suggested I applied in her department. I was talking to my friend saying that I have an interview and I saw a coworker who was sitting across her was ears dropping. As I was leaving the office, literally the whole department knew I had an interview and they... show more I applied for an internal job at the company, my friend suggested I applied in her department. I was talking to my friend saying that I have an interview and I saw a coworker who was sitting across her was ears dropping.

As I was leaving the office, literally the whole department knew I had an interview and they were like “When do you find if you got the job or not,” I don’t even know these coworkers by the way and I asked “how did you guys know” and they were like we are nosy. What the hell is wrong with these people? The position is not even open until after 3 weeks, I didn’t want everyone knowing the fact that I am leaving my position. I told them tomorrow I have an interview, how do I get these people from department who I don’t even know to stop asking me questions. I wish everybody was like me and don't give a zero interest on whose moving where and which position, I really don't care about what they do and I don't even know them.

What do I tell these people?